Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I came, I saw, I neutered

I actually did some vet stuff at my preceptor vet clinic on Monday. I intubated a dog, drew blood from the jugular vein, and best of all, did half of a neuter. If you don't understand how a neuter can be divided in half, I feel sorry for you. The cool thing about it was that I actually understood the anatomy and knew what to cut and where to cut it. So very thrilling. Today my clinical skills group has a presentation to do on the cardiovascular system. My friend Molly and myself are the presenters, and we made a dog pinata for the presentation. We made it out of newspapers and a flour/water paste, and used white streamers so it looks shaggy. The plan is to use it to demonstrate how to examine different aspects of the cardiovascular system. At the end, it will be filled with candy, strung up a tree, and "euthanized" by someone with a bat. The pinata looks awesome, I will post a picture later on.

3 Comments:

Blogger chen said...

Sam,

I have always thought you are amazing and smart...you used at least four words in your entry that I do not know the meaning of. Good job!

9:00 AM

 
Blogger Sam said...

You are all so sweet :).

1:51 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Oh, and maybe this summer I will build another pinata so Mike can euthanize it.

1:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home