Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Ah, the Irish. Leave it up to them to create a holiday that can only be celebrated through drunkeness and debauchery. A day where it is actually encouraged for tempers to flare and fists to fly. I am a quarter Irish, so in honor of my heritage here is a list (in no particular order) of things that irritate me.

1. Mullets
2. When I can't tell if someone is male or female (a trait that should be obvious)
3. When I'm driving, everyone else angers me! (I'm working on this)
4. When people steal (not just possessions, but ideas too)
5. Laziness (as a lifestyle)
6. Abortion (really angers me)
7. Child abuse
8. Animal abuse
9. "Christians" who aren't (don't call yourself a Christian and blatantly disobey God, you either are or you aren't)
10. All the babyish Bush-bashing (I swear it's a fad; people think it's cool to hate Bush but their only reason is "Cause he's stupid". Wow, what profound logic for a political stance. It is fine to disagree but please have a legitimate argument. I could go on about this for hours.)

Okay, so somethings on the list anger me more than irritate but it really is a good composite. For some reason, this week has been an angry week but I'm not mad anymore. I have today off of school so I got to sleep-in, which probably calmed down my amygdala (the part of the brain responsible for anger).

In other news, I went to a planning meeting for the Christian Vet Fellowship group I'm in at school. I kind of ended up on the board, but I think this could be a great opportunity. I wasn't sure of the group's theology but we got a booklet at the meeting that outlined the beliefs and they are right on. This was a huge relief and I really enjoyed the fellowship. Not everyone who is in the group is a believer, but the president and vice-president are. Also, one of my anatomy professors, Dr. Cox, is a believer and he comes to the meetings as a faculty representative. It's great to know that I'm not alone. He is a hilarious guy. He graduated from vet school many years ago, and did his undergrad work at Cornell. He was telling me about how tough it was to date the Cornell girls. The meeting was held at the CVF president's apartment, and she made us dinner. We all brought something to contribute, but when Dr. Cox came he pulls out his old banana and apple from his lunch and sets it in the midst of the smorgousboard (sp?) of food! It was hilarious, but you really have to know him. Anywho, I'm glad to be in this group and am excited to see what God does.

Have a great St. Patrick's Day everyone!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Ibsen said...

I think its so funny that you wander into the meeting, and the next thing you know you're on the Board before you even know what they believe.

If I had a Board, I'd defenately want you on it (but mostely because you're so hot).

1:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home