Sunday, September 24, 2006

The first day of 24

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday. In the past, the day after my birthday is usually the saddest day of the year but it isn't this year. It could be that I am becoming subconsciously fearful of aging and enjoying the farthest possible day until my next birthday. However, I am inclined to think that I feel great today because of yesterday. I had a great day of horseback riding and hanging out at the Apple Harvest in Jordan, MN. Today, my legs are aching as a blissful reminder of the very best place to be --on the back of a horse (even if it is a high spirited Arabian). In the evening, many friends from different facets of my life came together to go out to dinner at TGI Friday's. It was kind of a testiment to the dimensiality of my life seeing all those people. There were nav friends, vet school friends, and even my brother. It made me excited that in my life that I have met all these wonderful people and had so many experiences. It makes me want to really live during this next year. For some reason at this point in my life, I live in a great house with two wonderful, thoughtful, fun, considerate, one-of-a-kind roommates who truly make it a home. I am fulfilling my dream to become a veterinarian, and growing in my desire to serve God with the talents He has given me. I'm finally starting to let go of the controls and let God lead. Wherever I go in my life, I should say wherever He directs me, I will be upheld by His grace and peace.

“I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)”

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Ahh, Sam.. I'm glad I could be there this year. I also think it is great that in this description of how happy your life is that you have included my name...even though you weren't referring to me, I will choose to believe that you were.

9:18 PM

 
Blogger b-nut said...

It was fun. It was good to see you.

9:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home