Thursday, May 11, 2006

1/4 doctor, 3/4 mortal

I have (successfully?) finished my first year of veterinary school!!!!!!!!!!! This round of finals was physically, emotionally, and psychologically abusive but I made it. I think I learned a few things. One life lesson I came away with is that vet school is kind of like puberty. One day you feel like you can do anything, and the next you've hit rock bottom and feel fat and ugly. I didn't experience any physical changes but maybe some of my classmates did. Your world changes dramatically in how you think, talk, and act and how you are viewed by society. For the book knowledge, I can probably sum it up in two sentences: 1) The liver does everything. 2) The hypothalamus controls everything. Funny thing is, this knowledge cost $15,000. (E.T. says, ouuuccch.) Now, a summer of working as a vet tech at the Golden Valley Humane Society to hone in my skillz. Don't be trippin' on me b/c I put a z on skills. More fun to come next year, like parasites and spays/neuters. I can see Bob Barker now, with a little tear in his eye, gazing warmly upon the next generation to "help control the pet population". I was going to sum up the year with a poem, but I'm too tired right now. Maybe later. But most likely not. Anywho, I am 1/4 doctor, which I attribute to the acclimation to being very busy, stressed, and sleep deprived. Even so, I still love it more than ever and know God can help me take whatever they dish out!

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura Ibsen said...

Sammy - you are both common-sensical and scrumtrulescent.

7:32 AM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

Congratulations Sam--as usual your post is fun and exciting. Your humor remains unmatched.....

2:17 PM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

and I can't wait to see you again

2:17 PM

 
Blogger Sam said...

Thanks everyone! Especially thanks for caring about my struggles. I can't wait to see you either Jordan! We'll all go out to Applebees for two for one appetizers.

4:00 PM

 
Blogger b-nut said...

yeah for sam!

10:03 AM

 
Blogger Chris Hill said...

Your mom seems very possessive of you.

3:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home