Monday, June 26, 2006

It's nice to sit

I am finally getting the chance to sit and relax after a crazy weekend. Everyone who reads this blog was probably there during my weekend but too bad! You're gonna hear about it anyway. I had to work Thursday through Sunday, and work is always short staffed on the weekends. So I had to run home and do various tasks to prepare for Steph and Matt to come and stay and also for Chris and Katie's wedding (i.e. decide what to wear, get present, etc.). Friday night was the wedding, which was very lovely and people from the undergrad days were there. How's this for a short story, I thought for sure Armegeddon was upon us during the reception at the wedding. It began like this, Erik Tisthammer sat down at my table and uttered words I thought impossible for him. He said, "I'm tired." I immediately looked to the skies, expecting the moon to be turned to blood and the heavenly bodies to be raining down upon us all. Obviously, the time had not come yet, but I still think Erik's fatigue is an imminent sign. Saturday was a day of injury in which I was slashed in the left hand by two cats and shut my own head in the car door. But I came home to a house full of friends and pizza, and watched a ridiculous movie called "Firewall". I needn't go on about that, because if you're reading this, you were there. I worked Sunday and had one more night of pet sitting (I pet sat this whole time, from Thursday-Monday). Finally, today (Monday) I got to relax and be lazy. And let me tell you, I like to sit and be lazy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Ibsen said...

You slammed your own head in the car door...

Its funny - I just had a conversation with a 7 year-old at work who said that she had just slammed her head in the car door as well. When I asked how someone could possibly loose track of their own head (I could understand if it was a hand or foot, but a head??), she remarked "I don't know... my older brother has done that too, though." I told her that she and her brother were both "special". She liked that.

7:44 AM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

Yes, Erik's tiredness was somewhat shocking, but I think they work the guy pretty hard in CA.... Not to mention the fact that we ushers were utilized for all we were worth. Like Laura, I am also intrigued by the car-door-meets-head incident. Your ability to ridicule Firewall did not appear to be affected by the head trauma....

7:00 AM

 
Blogger Chris Hill said...

Firewall wasn't bad. Thanks for the wedding compliment. I think Erik's fatigue was due to the fact that the wedding was so good that he was tired from being in awe for so long. Also, he had to read a verse from a program hidden inside the bible, since all the bibles were ESV and we wanted NIV. That type of covert operation takes a TON of energy. At least Erik's serotonin levels weren't affected...

5:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home